Small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) Kratky camera system
Protein solution structure determination
Rigaku's BioSAXS-2000 SAXS camera is designed specifically to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented two-dimensional Kratky design, the BioSAXS-2000 takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics. Best of all, the BioSAXS-2000 can be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, taking full advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source. The BioSAXS AUTO configuration incorporates two time-saving features: an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation and an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg.
No need to wait for beamtime at a synchrotron
The BioSAXS-2000 is equipped with the new OptiSAXS optic, a doubly focusing multilayer optic whose focus is at the detector. The OptiSAXS provides better than two fold improvement in flux compared to its predecessor resulting in higher brilliance at the sample position and data collection times in the range of minutes. Thus, the BioSAXS-2000 brings a beamline experience to home laboratory SAXS experiments.
- Automatic Sample Changer (ASC) with support for 8 or 96 samples. See Accessories tab for more details.
- Automatic Analysis Pipeline (AAP) based on ATSAS, the world’s most popular SAXS analysis software developed at EMBL Hamburg. See Accessories tab for more details.
- Easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with your choice of X-ray source: Microfocus sealed tube, MicroMax-007 HF, FR-X
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to traditional Kratky cameras.
- All system components are motorized for control from control computer
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction
- Sample temperature control included with system
- 2D Kratky collimation allows one to achieve low q measurements with no realignment
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software