The 1200 GenoLyte® is the ideal solution for labs that want a compact yet powerful tissue homogenizer and cell lyser. It is equipped with interchangeable sample vial holders allowing a variety of vial types from 2 mL to 12 mL. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, cell lysis and tissue homogenization through bead beating, enabling fast and efficient extraction of nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules of interest.
Applications include: Tissue Homogenization, DNA/RNA Research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Protein Extraction, Biofuel research
Typical samples include: Animal & plant tissue, cell cultures, bacteria, yeast, stool, soil
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for cell lysis applications including DNA/ RNA extraction and protein extraction.
- Clear lid allows you to see the grinding process.
- Interchangeable vial holders for 6x 2mL vials, 4x 5mL vials, 2x 7mL vials or 2x 12mL vials.
- Lid has a safety interlock switch that stops the motor if the lid is opened during the grinding process.
- Digital display screen shows run times in minute : second format.
- Rate & timer controls allow you to adjust speed and set time.
- Start, stop and pause buttons allow you to start and stop the grinding process
115V / 60Hz or 230V / 50Hz
15 in. (38 cm) long x 8 in. (20.5 cm) wide x 11 in. (30 cm) high.
23 lbs. (10.4 kg)
3-prong grounded plug-115V / 60Hz. 2-prong European cord for 230V / 50Hz.
750, 2000, 3000, 4000 RPM