The 1600 MiniG® is the ideal solution for labs that want a compact yet powerful tissue homogenizer and cell lyser. It is equipped with an adjustable clamp that accommodates a full range of sample vials from 2mL to 50mL centrifuge tubes or up to two deep-well titer plates. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, cell lysis and tissue homogenization through bead beating, enabling fast and efficient extraction of nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules of interest.
Applications include: Tissue Homogenization, DNA/RNA Research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Protein Extraction, Biofuel research, Pesticide Residue extraction using QuEChERS or the SWeET method.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, Plant Tissue, Cell cultures, Fruit, Cannabis, Seeds, Yeast and Bacteria.
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for high-throughput cell lysis applications including DNA/ RNA extraction, protein extraction and pesticide residue analysis.
- Window in lid allows you to see the grinding process.
- Clamp typically holds up to two titer plates or 48 x 2 mL vials or 48 x 5 mL vials when stacked.
- Clamp also accommodates taller vials such as 12 x 15 mL or 6 x 50 mL falcon tubes.
- Lid has a safety interlock switch that stops the motor if the lid is opened during the grinding process.
- Optional Kryo-Tech® Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- LCD display screen shows run times in minute : second format.
- Rate & timer controls allow you to adjust speed and set time.
- Start and stop buttons allow you to start and stop the grinding process.
115V / 60Hz or 230V / 50Hz
21.5 in. (54.6 cm) high x 11.25 in. (28.6 cm) wide x 17.0 in. (43.2 cm) deep.
40lbs. (18 kg)
3-prong grounded plug-115V / 60Hz.2-prong european cord for 230V / 50Hz.
1.25 in. (3.2 cm) vertical
Adjustable from 500 to 1500 strokes/minute