The digester is a widely used instrument in laboratories performing nitrogen analysis for diversified applications in food&feed, beverage, environmental, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- The most common nitrogen & protein determination technique
- Applications in multiple markets
Food & Feed / Beverages (nitrogen, protein, Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen)
Environmental (COD, Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen)
Chemical and Pharmaceutical (organic nitrogen) industries
- Conformity with multiple standards protocols
AOAC, ISO, EPA, DIN etc.
Kjeldahl analysis method
- Break down the bonds that hold the polypeptides together
- Convert them into simpler molecules such as H2O, CO2 and NH3
- Reactions can be speeded up
by higher temperature used during digestion
by the presence of acid, salt and catalysts
- During the reaction corrosive, toxic gases are created
for example SO2 and SO3
- Gases can be neutralized using the VELP
Dedicated pump, able to aspirate gases and vapors
Scrubber to capture final traces of toxic fumes
- VELP also offers consumables to speed and and simplify digestions
DKL Series Automatic Kjeldahl Digestion Units
Fully Automatic Kjeldahl Digestion Units for nitrogen analysis and protein determination that incorporate the revolutionary TEMS™ technology for unprecedented Savings in terms of Time, Energy - as much as 35%, Money and Space.
DK Series Kjeldahl Digestion Units
Traditional Kjeldahl Digestion Units for nitrogen analysis and protein determination, with an aluminum heating block that offers an excellent thermal homogeneity, with a maximum working temperature of 450 °C.
JP - Recirculating Water Pump
Recirculating Water Pump that ensures optimum aspiration depending on the digestion phases and the number of samples placed in the digester connected to the pump.
Designed to neutralize corrosive and toxic fumes produced during oxidative mineralizations or similar processes.